Ok, so let me get this straight:
- Sen. Larry Craig is arrested in June.
- He pleads guilty to disorderly conduct in August.
- Once made public, he claims he was not guilty.
- Then, under pressure, he says he will resign from the Senate.
- But then, once a misplaced voicemail is made public, he claims he is not really resigning.
- Now, he claims that he probably will resign after all.
Am I missing anything here?
Even if one takes a “wide stance” on this case, and speculates for a moment that Sen. Craig really was innocent of bathroom perversions, is this what Idahoans want in a U.S. Senator? Sure, the man has had a good voting record up to now, but the current situation could easily be mistaken for comedy.
The DNC must be loving this.