Last week, some nameless fool stole my license plate from my parked car, prompting the need for a trip to the DMV Saturday morning to obtain a new one. As I waited in the long, seemingly eternal DMV line, I wondered to myself what would prompt someone to steal a single license plate in a state that requires two per car?
It didn’t take long to determine that greater forces were at work. My new license plate (not a vanity plate, thank you very much) just “happened” to bear three all-too-familiar letters: K-G-B.
Hmm, let’s see here:
- I write a blog called TruePRAVDA
- I still speak a smattering of Russian
- Years ago, I hung out in places where the KGB still exists
- I work in Washington, D.C.
- I now drive a foreign car with KGB on the license plate